“Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple, learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen.” ~John Steinbeck
Looking for an idea for your next 10 (or more) blog posts or articles? Find them hiding one of these 5 places:
1. Your Blog Reader
What blogs are you subscribed to and following? Check out the latest headlines and hot topics for inspiration.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Do you agree with the the post or have a different take?
- Is there an idea or concept within the post that you could write about?
- What else comes to mind as you read?
2. Books You're Reading
If you're reading new things and you'll always have ideas to write about if you're on the lookout for them.
- Choose a short quote from a book and share your thoughts.
- Write a review of the book and share your biggest takeaways.
3. Blog Comments
Take a look through your recent blog comments to find:
- Questions readers have asked that you could answer in more detail.
- Topics that caught their interest and got them commenting.
- Replies you've posted that you could expand into a complete post.
4. Social Networking Sites
Visit some popular Facebook groups or fan pages, search for a #hashtag on Twitter or browse groups on LinkedIn and see what the hot topics and questions are that you've got information on or opinions about that you could share.
5. Question Sites
What are your favorite sources for blog post or article writing ideas?