Here are the top ten reasons I haven't left a comment on your blog yet. (See below for a slideshow that's more fun.)
10) I'm not an acrobat. I refuse to jump through hoops including multiple layers of logins, captchas, checkboxes, and anything else you require to prove I'm human. Are there really that many aliens hitting your blog comments?
9) Your post was 5 screen lengths of solid text. I don't have that kind of time at the moment. It's been a long day and I still haven't finished everything on my to do list.
8) I don't think you care. Yeah, this does matter to me. If you aren't reading your comments why should I bother sharing my brilliant thoughts?
7) "Great post" doesn't really cut it -- someone else already said that. It's kind of like me telling you I love my MacBook. I don't want to chime in like another fan boy.
6) I'm not about to admit an addiction, crime, or other personal flaw with my name attached. Big brother's watching so I probably don't want to talk about politics or the government either. Give me something else to talk about or an anonymous way to share my feedback with you.
5) I couldn't find the comment box with all the other junk on your blog page. I'm sure it's probably buried there somewhere under all the ads, cross promos, newsletter subscribe box, and other things blinking and talking at me but honestly I'm scared to keep looking. I feel claustrophobic.
4) No one else is commenting. If someone else jumps off the bridge first, my mother always said I'd follow them.
3) I'm afraid of your commenters. They're tearing each other to pieces! I'm not up for that kind of challenge.
2) You didn't ask me to. Great post, you said everything, there's nothing I can think of to add and you didn't ask me any questions.
1) I'm no detective. I haven't discovered your blog yet. Are you promoting it and leaving REALLY obvious clues?
P.S. If you like the slideshow, feel free to share it on your own blog. Slideshare makes it easy: http://www.slideshare.net/michelleshaeffer/top-10-reasons-i-havent-commented-on-your-blog-yet