What’s your goal for your blog? Do you want…
- more traffic?
- more readers?
- more page views per visitor?
- more subscribers?
- more comments?
- more social network shares?
- more readers taking action on what you share?
- more content you can repurpose?
- more readers who become clients?
- more readers who want to partner with you?
And… more readers who fall in love with you?
Achieving nearly every one of those goals boils down to two steps:
(1) Creating content that’s so good (read: actionable content they can do something with) your readers want to bookmark it to refer back to later. That’s the kind of content that will get them sharing, taking action, getting results and loving you.
(2) Getting the word out about that content so your ideal readers can find it!
So what types of content can help you make that happen with a little spice and variety?
1. Create tutorials, “how to” posts and step by step guides.
Share detailed information that gives your readers actionable content they can implement and get results from.
2. Curate great content from other sources.
Share the best resources (books, websites, blog posts, tools, etc.).
3. Host challenges and competitions.
Inspire and motivate your readers, create community for them, and position yourself as a leader.
4. Design tools and templates.
Give your readers an “easy button” by creating the tools and templates they need to apply specific strategies or tactics in their life or business.
5. Share in-depth case studies.
This is a great way to showcase your clients–or your own–success. Dig into how you accomplished something and the steps you took, tools you used, and what results you got.
Do these types of content take more time to create? Yes. Is it worth it? Absolutely!
Take a look at the blogs you find valuable and see if their content falls into the 5 types above. I betcha it does.
Which of these content types spark an idea for you? What blog posts could you write that fit one of these?
Is there one of these types of content you’d like me to share more about how to create? Let me know!